Tuesday, May 5, 2009

CHECK YOUR RECEIPTS!!!

CHECK YOUR RECEIPTS!

The other day I dropped off the ham I bought for my mom as part of the FREE ham/turkey deal I posted HERE!! When I handed her the ham and receipt she asked.....

Mom - "How much do I owe you?"
Me - "$20"
Mom - "Wait a minute, isn't it suppose to be $19.15?"
Me - "Wow, you are really being a stickler to the exact penny."
Mom laughing - "No, did you see that they charged you $29.02 and not the sales price listed below of $19.15?"

Long story short, I took the ham back to the store with the receipt and was credited for the FULL AMOUNT of $29.02 on a gift card (my preference). They will usually give you your money back in cash or credit it back to the credit/debit card you used for the purchase. It is the policy at my Randall's and Kroger's that if you are charged the incorrect price on a sales item then they will give you a FULL REFUND on that item making it FREE!!! Now, this is only if you have purchased it and then later on see the mistake, not if it is caught at the register. It is their little way of compensating their customers the inconvenience for having to come back to the store to correct the mistake.

1 comment:

freeflys