Tuesday, September 29, 2009

More Randall's Steals - 9-29 Quick Trip Part 2

UPDATE:
FREE plus $3.06 Profit After Rebate
Spent $1.50
Saved $74.50
Update: With the SC Johnson Rebate, I can send in my receipt in to EARN $5.00 ($5 wyb 3 participating products - limit 3) from this transaction!!!

Okay what is funny is that after my son's football game tonight I thought I would stop by Randall's again today to snag more cleaning products while the B1G1 deal is going on. I'm not sure if it continues next week (I'll find out tomorrow). I did the exact same transaction in transaction 1 below that I did early today HERE in transaction 2. What's funny is that my total is different. (.25 versus .66). They calculated the tax differently and the only thing different is the order they processed the coupons. One receipt deducted -.72 in tax and the other deducted -.31. Very bizarre.

Transaction 1
7 Joint Juice - $1.39/each
-$5.00/7 catalina from transaction JJ deal HERE earlier
-$10.00 catalina from transaction JJ deal HERE earlier
Final Cost = FREE and -$5.36 overage

Bounty 8pk. paper towels - $11.99 on sale for $6.99
-.25 MQ from 9/27 PG
-.50 double
Final Cost = $6.24

tax - (-.31)

Final Cost = $.66

Transaction 2
7 Joint Juice - $1.39/each
-$5.00/7 catalina from transaction 1
-$10.00 catalina from transaction 1
Final Cost = FREE and -$5.36 overage

2 Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom Cleaner - $4.29/each
-$2.00 peeelie on can
-B1G1 FREE Randall's promotion (-4.29)
Final Cost = $1.10/each

2 Windex Multi surface - $3.99/each
-B1G1 Randall's promotion (-$3.99)
-(2) $.55 peelies on product
Final Cost = $2.89 or $1.45/each

tax - $.41

Final Transaction 2 Cost = $.32

Transaction 3
7 Joint Juice - $1.39/each
-$5.00/7 catalina from transaction HERE earlier
-$10.00 catalina from transaction HERE earlier
Final Cost = FREE and -$5.36 overage

2 Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom Cleaner - $4.29/each
-$2.00 peeelie on can
-B1G1 FREE Randall's promotion (-4.29)
Final Cost = $1.10/each

2 Windex Multi surface - $3.99/each
-B1G1 Randall's promotion (-$3.99)
-(2) $.55 peelies on product
Final Cost = $2.89 or $1.45/each

2 Hershey chocolates - .99/each
-B1G1 Randall's promotion (-$.99)
Final Cost = .99

tax - (-$.30)

Final Transaction 3 Cost = $.52

12 comments:

  1. Lisa, it comes down to how they enter the $5 coupon. I have noticed some enter it as store coupon non taxable while others enter it as taxable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when does the joint juice randalls special end?

    thanks,
    leeza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leeza,
    The joint juice catalina deal is said to last Between 9/21 & 10/18. So if so, plenty of time left to snag the savings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, now you can also send in your receipt for the $5 SC Johnson rebate and make even more money back on your already low oop :)
    http://www.scjohnson.com/en/products/coupons.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep in mind the rebate says they must all be mailed individually. Would hate for you to lose $5 :)

    Great deals and thanks again about the deal on Disney free tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Steph for letting me know about the individually part. I will update the post. Loving Joint Juice this month!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steph,
    Wait, I went back and looked at my deal and realized that Trans 2 and trans 3 are different receipts so it is $10 in rebates. You just meant to mail seperately so add another $0.44 oop. Running on fumes these days. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are lucky that you can find stores that sell joint juice! I've checked the 3 Randall's stores near my house (SW Houston) nearly every day for the last week and they have all been cleaned out of joint juice. Apparently a lot of people are working this deal, at least in my area!

    Question: for the SC rebate deal I see you have to send each submission in a separate envelope, and you have to send the original receipts. So does this mean you shouldn't buy more than 3 SC products on one receipt. I see above that you are buying 4 products on one receipt. Is there an optimal way to split up your purchases of these products in order to maximize your rebate? (Am I making sense, its hard to describe my question).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Scottl,
    So sorry about shortage near you. Keep checking when you go because it runs until the 18th and they are restocking pretty regularly

    You are making complete sense. When I bought the scrubbing bubbles and windex the first time it was just a coincidence. I was trying to take advantage of the buy one get one free deal on cleaning supplies that week (which ended on tuesday) and did not find out about the sc johnson deal until the next morning. Luck of the purchase. I did two transactions that had 3 SC products (2 Windex and 2 scrubbing bubbles) involved so I would send each transaction receipt in seperately to earn the $5 rebate. $10 total. I went ahead and the extra trans later on to earn the 3rd and last sc deal and also because the buy 3 for 1.99 - $1.00 MQ with the joint juice was a great deal to snag

    Hope that makes sense and good luck on the JJ hunt. I know you will snag it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi SCC, OK, I see now, I didn't know about the B1G1 sale last week. I went to Randall's and saw that you can now buy 3 and mix and match them for 1.99 apiece. So I bought 2 scrubbing bubbles using the $2/2 peelie and one windex using the .55 peelie. So got the 3 of them for 3.42 and will use this one receipt for the rebate. I wonder if any other combinations of 3 products will work well together or if I should wait and see if I find them cheaper at another store?

    Also, I tried a 4th Randall's store today and they actually had 15 bottles of JJ in stock! So I had to buy 14 of them... I don't normally like to clean out a store like that but I've been searching for so long I was desperate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Also, I thought I'd mention to help me cover overage in my transactions I purchased 2 packages of Jennie O lean ground turkey, they were on sale B1G1 and it ended up being $2 per pound. If I can work the JJ deal right I'd like to stock up on meats with it.

    I also bought 5 diet coke 12-packs since they are at my acceptable buying price of 2.50 each.

    ReplyDelete

freeflys